Stop Worrying About The Icing. You Haven't Even Baked The Cake Yet!

As a collective, the fitness industry focuses majority of the time on the wrong problems.⁣ ⁣ We get so caught up in all these technical exercises, diet fads, supplements and bullshit that we miss the bulk of what makes up a healthy lifestyle;⁣ ⁣ Getting 8 hours of sleep.⁣ Strength training a few days a week.⁣ Getting 10,000 steps a day.⁣ Eating a balanced diet – real foods, mostly plants and not too much.⁣ ⁣ Usually the simple path is the correct one.⁣ ⁣ If you want to lose weight, eat in a calorie deficit.⁣ If you want to gain muscle, strength train and eat in a calorie surplus.⁣ If you want to get stronger, lift heavier.⁣ If you want to increase your 3k time, run more, run faster and run often.⁣ ⁣ Nail the basics and you’ll find that you won’t worry about the supplements you’re taking, the running shoes you wear, having the ‘perfect program’, getting bodywork done, training ‘sports specific’ lifts, the time of the day you’re eating etc etc. ⁣ ⁣ We get so caught up in the last 5% of what elite athletes have to worry about, that we forget about the other 95%; the basics; the meat and potatoes of what actually drives results.⁣ ⁣ Next time you find yourself worrying about the minute details of what goes into a healthy life, just ask yourself;⁣ ⁣ Am I getting 8 hours of sleep a night?⁣ Am I on top of my training?⁣ How has my diet been recently?⁣ Am I stressed out at work or at home?⁣ Have I gotten my 10,000 steps today?⁣ ⁣ Fix these issues and watch how fast your progress improves and I bet you’ll stop worrying about the exercise you saw on insta, debating over fresh vs frozen veg and the new pre-workout your PT says “you have to have!”⁣ ⁣ Focus on baking a delicious fucking cake before you start worrying about the icing on top.⁣ ⁣ #one22


  • White Facebook Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Instagram Icon